Wives 30-day Prayer Challenge - Day 1


About two and a half weeks ago, I joined PerisistersinChrist on periscope. It has been phenomenal! We are doing a 30-day prayer challenge for our husbands and once again, I am asking everyone to join me!

Before we jump into praying for our husbands, we need to ask the Lord for a heart of prayer period! Some of us may not be used to praying for our husbands or feel as though he needs more prayer than we do. He has more issues than we do. He needs to be closer to God, etc, etc, etc... Although that may be true, God has given us the responsibility to "help" our husbands. Praying for them is sometimes the best help we can give.

In order for us as helpmeets to be effective, we need to pray about what to pray about!
If we do not have a heart of prayer, our prayers may be less sincere. You can't go into praying for someone else with a selfish heart. God sees our motives and perhaps that is what we need to pray for first! So with that in mind, here is a prayer for us:

Lord, I thank you for the desire to pray for my husband. Help me to have a right heart as I pray. Remove my stony heart and give me a heart of flesh. Remove my pride and insecurities. Remove my sin and any grudges that I may have against him. Make my desires for my husband YOUR desires for him. Give me the words to pray and a right attitude as I come before you on his behalf. I pray that you will help me as I am a helpmeet to him. Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be acceptable in Thy sight O Lord, my strength and my Redeemer in Jesus name I pray, Amen!

Find the scope here: http://katch.me/KimCashTate/v/8d5b2a6c-3461-3334-8cd1-19f4696131e5





Comments

  1. Your sample prayer is right on! we have to first examine ourselves and ask God to remove selfish motives before we can pray correctly for our husbands. Once we open up to let God do His work IN us then we'll be way more able to let Him work THROUGH us to impact our families. This is good stuff! thanks! (and btw, love the name of your group... periSISTERSinCHRIST!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful challenge. Great phrase"You can't go into praying for someone else with a selfish heart.". Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming a Mother

Building marriages with Date Night In Box!

Kick the devil out of your Marriage