Wives 30 - Day Prayer Challenge Day 8


Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth? lol Maurice and I have definitely had issues with communication. To communicate is more than just talking, its actually conveying information to another party.

In marriage communication happens verbally and non-verbally, so today's prayer is for both! May what we say to our husbands be heard and vice versa. Men and women communicate differently, but everyone needs to be understood. There was a time (and I still struggle with this) that I did not communicate my real feelings to my husband. I am the type that would rather just "take down" and let him say and do what he pleases. I don't want to argue, fuss or fight. However, being a peacemaker also means keeping peace in your heart by sharing your thoughts and feelings. To stuff everything inside like I sometimes do is unhealthy communication. Or perhaps the communication issues in your marriage are not a matter of being too quiet, but too wordy! Maybe your husband complains that he can never even speak. Whatever our difficulties are, we can turn to scripture for help!

Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. We also act on what we think and feel so communicating those non-verbals is also a point of prayer. Have you ever rolled your eyes, walked out while he was speaking or simply appeared disinterested - or maybe he has done that to you! It's all communication for better or for worse.

Today let's pray that our actions and our words will communicate love. Jesus is our perfect example. He lived love, died in love for us and is returning for those He loves!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Building marriages with Date Night In Box!

Becoming a Mother

Kick the devil out of your Marriage