Object of our Worship

I remember getting very upset one time because Maurice casually mentioned that he loved a particular thing. I got offended because I just thought that the word "love" should only refer to certain people....namely, me! How dare he so effortlessly let those words fly off his tongue when my name was not in the sentence. Did he care for this something more than his wife? God forbid!

Ok, maybe, just maybe, I was a little hormonal at the time. However, I wonder what things we consider trivial that God considers important. What things might we even worship in the place where God belongs, perhaps even unintentionally?

Not sure? Well here is a sure fire test. Look at your financial accounts and tell me what you spend the most on. Analyze your time and tell me how much time you spend doing a particular activity, and with whom do you spend it? Usually, people's hearts are wrapped up in time and money.
The object of your affection may be someone or something worthwhile, but until your heart's desire is Christ, your true worship lies elsewhere.
I love my husband. I love my boys. I probably have also used the word love when I shouldn't have at times. Most likely, we all have. However, the Bible is very clear about our sacrifice to follow after Christ and it's huge!
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:26
Sounds harsh, but worship is pure adoration, love and devotion. In comparison to anything we love, we must love Jesus MORE! More than family, more than money, more than our own lives. Let's carefully examine our hearts and their true motives. If Jesus is not the object of your worship, you may need to make a change.

Prayer: Jesus, I have put other things in Your place in my life. I am so sorry. You are the most important person in my life. Help me to make You the obvious priority in all that I do starting today. In Your precious name I pray, Amen!

Action: How can you place Jesus higher than those you love the most? Let your loved ones know that you love them, but not more than Jesus.

Watch the Scope: https://www.periscope.tv/anitamckaney/1ynJOzEvDrVGR




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming a Mother

Building marriages with Date Night In Box!

Kick the devil out of your Marriage