Aliens

Aliens. They are making a comeback. It used to be funny that people believed that they existed. Now, even scientists are entertaining the possibility for real. There is more and more expanding research on alien life, UFOs (Unidentified Flying Objects) and life on other planets. Aliens are defined as another people who claim home as another place - other than earth. They are strange. Strangers. The bible even talks about them!
Beloved, I urge you as aliens and strangers [in this world] to abstain from the sensual urges [those dishonorable desires] that wage war against the soul. (1 Peter 2:11, Amplified)
Well, there definitely are odd people among us. Peculiar people just don't fit in with everyone else. They stick out. They do not assimilate or acculturate and they do not mind. It may not be popular, but that is not the point.

If you are a Jesus follower, this may be you, an alien to this world. When you are born again, Heaven becomes your home. You do not conform to this world, but you are transformed by the renewing of your mind (Romans 12:1,2, KJV). Your life is not your own. It belongs to God. You no longer belong to this world and it has no claim on you either. Being born again changes your life and your residence.

When God is your Father, you are a legitimate resident of his kingdom. It is an everlasting Kingdom. You are in the world but not of it (John 17:16, KJV).

Prayer: Lord, help me to have the right perspective about my life. Earth is a temporary dwelling place and heaven is home. When I am discouraged, help me to remember that I am not home yet.

Action: Make a list of all the places you have ever lived. What makes this place feel like home? What things are you looking forward to in heaven? Share it with someone.

Watch the scope.


Comments

  1. I even sometimes believe in them. haha. Like believing in the movie E.T. its a great and touching movie. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved that movie! My sisters and I still recite snippets from it!

      Delete
  2. Great thoughts. Thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think there are life forms other than us in the other planets, I mean, if we can survive, why can't others. I love that piece about heaven, it's really enlightening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am torn about terrestrial beings. I don't believe them but hearing personal accounts of people who've been abducted is just too real not to believe. This world we live in is truly amazing!!

    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming a Mother

Building marriages with Date Night In Box!

Kick the devil out of your Marriage