Why celebrate?

There are so many holidays, birthdays, anniversaries and special occassions. We are given a new reason to party almost every day. As Ecclesiastes says, there is a time for every purpose under heaven. Not taking time to love, appreciate  and remember your loved ones can cause you to be discontent, ungrateful and eben bitter. Just as we need to recall God's blessings in the past, we need to recognize the people in our lives who have helped, shared and encouraged us to be who we are today. Time is moving faster now more than ever. We are tempted to complain and work ourselves to death instead of taking the time to rest, reflect and admire the people, places and things that make our lives as comfortable as they are.

So for every birthday, every Mother's or Father's Day, anniversary and graduation, i want my loved ones to know that my life has been made more fulfilling by their presence, encouragement and smile. Celebrate! Party! Encourage someone in your life on their special day. You never know when it will be the last time to say "Thank You", "I love you" or " You are appreciated".

What if you do your part to celebrate others but don't feel the love for yourself? I very often feel under appreciated and I must very often remember that God HIMSELF rejoices over little ole' ME! God smiles on my life and I can walk pleasing to Him. I am accepted in the beloved. Hallelujah! For cleaning that mess, wiping those tears, fasting & praying for a need, giving out of lack, transporting so and so for the empteenth time...the list goes on and on. But, even if no one else gives a hoot, heaven went bananas when I accepted Christ, got baptized and when I share Jesus to a person and they accept Him into their lives! Not only that, but the biggest party of all is still to come! Heaven. Wow, just the thought excites me!

Imagine Jesus. He taught, He healed, He delivered, He forgives over and over and over and over AND He is still praying for us! What more could he do to show His love than to give His very life for His beloved?? Sheesh. Can he get a little respect? Can someone show Him some love? A thank you even? Of all the people who deserve it, He does. So let's celebrate Jesus everyday! His time will come when every knee will bow to Him and every tongue will call Him Lord. And so will mine.

"Well done Anita! You have been a good and faithful servant. Enter into the joy of my kingdom!"




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Frustration: 2 Ways to Handle Our Thoughts

Reviewing Nine Books I Read in 2016