I Know My Body

Do you remember the little girl Rudy Huxtable from the Cosby Show, or was it her cousin Olivia? In one episode, she emphatically states "I KNOW my body" referring to understanding its function as if she were grown. This series spins from off of that memory.

In the Body of Christ, we have many members, functions and opportunities to serve and be served by one another. Being a nurse, I have a unique perspective on the body - inside and out. I have seen bodies in great shape and in poor health alike. In all of the things that I have learned about the body, one thing remains the same. It is the same for all of us. Although many things vary from eye color to muscle tone, skin color to number of limbs, we all use our bodies in the same way, for the same purposes mostly.

Meditating on the Body of Christ has led me to the same conclusions. We have one head, Jesus Christ. We are varied in our use and function in the body itself. We can build others parts while others never move. Some parts need to be covered while others are not. Some parts of the body we care greatly for whereas others, we don't really know exist.

Now let's think about the Church. We are one body, one building. We are joined to Christ as His bride and are still ONE body as spouses should be. Knowing this, how we function together is paramount to our survival, our growth and our movement. Also, knowing how we operate in dysfunction is equally crucial because as we all know, some body parts are very good at repairing themselves, whereas others need much more help and support.

The body grows from infancy to adulthood and then stops and reverses to a dead state. This is where our physical and spiritual bodies differ. Similarities stop here. The spiritual body of Christ is built to be lifelong and then eternal.


For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens. 2 Corinthians 5:1

In this next series "I Know My Body", I will be exploring the Body of Christ through the eyes of a nurse. I believe that we should all be sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ in the way that it is revealed to us by God. Preachers are really just other members of the body who share what they have learned with the other parts. I am thrilled to share what God is showing me.

You can see the first video in the series here:



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming a Mother

Building marriages with Date Night In Box!

Kick the devil out of your Marriage