Protecting your Peace in 3 ways

In this world of turmoil, confusion and fighting, protecting one's peace is so important. Peace of mind, a peaceful spirit and a peaceful home are priceless.

As I have been meditating on peace this month, I have settled on three big ways that I plan to protect my peace. Perhaps you will find them helpful as well.



First, listen to your body. Secondly, listen to the Holy Spirit. Lastly, listen to wise mentors.

Listen to your body.

Recently, a friend of mine became very upset when she discovered that some medical diagnostic testing revealed that things were at dangerously unhealthy levels. Maybe you can relate.

By ignoring the little nudges for exercise, sleep, eating right and a good healthy balance physically, we put ourselves at risk to experience unrest for our bodies.

Self-care is biblical (especially of you are married). Our bodoes are on loan to us. We need to be good stewards of what God has given us.

Listen to the Holy Spirit

If you have ever been close to God, then you know when you are far from God. The Holy Spirit resides in us to keep us from evil, convict us of sin and warn us when we are not producing the fruit of peace.

The opposite of peace is war, unrest and conflict. If this is your daily experience, this fruit is not evident in you. Our only enemies are the devil and ourselves. One is defeated, the other needs to be put under God's control.

Ask the Lord to give you peace and to make you a peacemaker.

Listen to Mentors

There is so much wisdom in Godly counsel. By humbling ourselves, we become open to those who have more experience and more knowledge than we do.

Pray and ask God to bring that kind of relationship into your life. Ideally, it is best for YOU to mentor someone and to also be mentored. When I have been stressed, a wise mentor assured me that they have faced similar circumstances, and then peace came. Now I can share with someone else.

It is great to have a Pastor, friends and leaders, but pray for a mentor too. Then ask the person that you feel that the Lord is leading you to.

True peace only comes from the Prince of Peace. To know Jesus is to know peace.

*************************

Much peace comes from listening. I pray that we all have open ears to hear.

If you have prayer requests, please comment below. It is our privilege to pray for you.




Comments

  1. Thank you for sharing this. I truly am inspired by the "pray for a mentor too." I will do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exercise and self-care is so incredibly important, I agree. Getting back scary medical results can be one of the hardest reality checks ever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Building an understand with my own body, to trust it fully is definitely the best way there is for me. I do everything to never break that trust

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent tips, our bodies and spirits speak to us often if we are willing to listen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they do! Either we will pay attention and do something about it, or suffer later for ignoring the signs.

      Delete
  5. I initially struggled with finding my peace for a while. From the previous relationship I was in, to moving, and so many more. I love this post and I truly wish many more can see this. More power to you as well and god bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many stressors in life. Thankfully life can be much more peaceful in Christ.

      Delete
  6. God for me is the main way I protect my peace. If you trust and listen to the holy spirit you can never go wrong.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Becoming a Mother

Building marriages with Date Night In Box!

Kick the devil out of your Marriage